SULLY ERNA of GODSMACK has announced the creation of The Scars Foundation to support ongoing mental health struggles facing so many.
The foundation’s mission statement is as follows: The Scars Foundation has been established by Sully Erna and the rock band Godsmack to help raise awareness of the mental health issues that so many are faced with today.With the rise of suicides, bullying, addiction, abuse and so many other challenges, The Scars Foundation is dedicated to providing resources and tools to educate and empower people on a global level that struggle with these burdens.
For more information, please click here.
“Scars come in all forms,” SULLY explains about the foundation. “They are physical and emotional. They’re traumatizing and make us fear what people may think of us. But we are ALL imperfect in some way. That’s what makes us perfect and unique! EVERYONE has something that makes him or her insecure or embarrassed. But instead of hiding them or internalizing them, own them and show them off to the world! Let them empower you so you can be a voice for everyone who can’t be. If we ALL wear our scars loudly and proudly, others will follow.”
“Under Your Scars”is the latest single from the band’s current album, WHEN LEGENDS RISE. The song was the #1 most added at radio last week (April 2). Every donation to The Scars Foundation will include a download of the band’s “Under Your Scars” single. “Under Your Scars”follows “When Legends Rise,” the second #1 from the album, and last year’s #1 “Bulletproof,” which was nominated for “Rock Song of the Year” for the 2019 iHeartRadio Music Awards and was also the most-played song at rock radio in 2018.
WHEN LEGENDS RISE marks the band’s seventh studio album and their first in four years. The critically acclaimed 11-song collection entered the Billboard Top 200 album chart in the top ten (#8), with four #1 placements on other charts: Top Rock Albums, Top Hard Music Albums, Top Independent Albums and Top Alternative Albums. WHEN LEGENDS RISE is available on CD, LP and Digital; purchase or stream it here.
The album finds the guys doubling down on their combination of tightly wound riffs, rhythmic fury, naked emotions and pushed-to-the-edge vocals, all fired up with melodic precision and tight songcraft.
Next month, GODSMACK—Sully Erna [vocals, guitar], Tony Rombola [guitar], Robbie Merrill [bass], and Shannon Larkin [drums]–return to the road in the U.S. where they’ll headline a run of shows with special guests VOLBEAT, along with some co-headlining shows with them in Canada. The band have added nine additional shows to the previously announced shows, including a July 23 stop at the Beacon Theatre in New York. Tickets for the previously announced shows are on sale now.
- **4/13 Orlando, FL Central Florida Fairgrounds
- **4/14 Tampa, FL Amalie Arena
- 4/16 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena
- 4/18 Evansville, IN Ford Center – Evansville
- 4/19 Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena
- 4/20: Milwaukee, WI Fiserv Forum
- 4/22: Minneapolis, MN Armory
- 4/23: Omaha, NE Baxter Arena
- 4/26: Abbotsford, BC Abbostford Centre
- 4/27: Penticton, BC South Okanagan Event Centre
- 4/29: Medicine Hat, AB Canalta Centre
- 4/30: Calgary, AB Grey Eagle Resort & Casino – Grey Eagle Event Centre
- 5/2 Dawson Creek, BC EnCana Events Centre
- 5/3 Edmonton, AB Rogers Place
- 5/5 Saskatoon, SK SaskTel Centre
- 5/6 Winnipeg, MB Bell MTS Place
- 5/9 London, ON Budweiser Gardens
- 5/10 Ottawa, ON Canadian Tire Centre
- 5/11 Quebec, QC Videotron Centre
- ^7/12 Rochester, NY Main Street Armory
- **7/13 Mansfield, OH Inkcarceration Festival
- ^7/14 Baltimore, MD MECU Pavilion
- ^7/16 Charlotte, NC Charlotte Metro Credit Union Amphitheatre
- ^7/17 Raleigh, NC Red Hat Amphitheater
- ^7/19 Portsmouth, VA Union Bank & Trust Pavilion
- ^7/20 Atlantic City, NJ Ocean Resort Casino – Ovation Hall
- ^7/21 Glenn Falls, NY Cool Insuring Arena
- ^7/23 New York, NY Beacon Theatre
- 7/26 Montville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena
- **7/27 Montreal, QC Heavy Montreal
- **7/28 Bangor, ME Impact Music Festival
- 8/4 Sturgis, SD Buffalo Chip Campground
- 8/9 Bethlehem, PA Musikfest
- ^Sat 9/28 Louisville, KY Louder Than Life Music Festival
*Godsmack solo date
**Godsmack festival appearance
^Indicates new date.
It’s so cool that they’ll be performing in the remote town of Dawson’s Creek, B.C. and also at Sturgis.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Have band, will travel!
LikeLiked by 1 person