POP EVIL has announced an all-new North American tour aptly dubbed as The Versatile Tour.
Dates will begin on May 8, 2020, in Toronto, ON., hitting markets throughout Canada and the U.S. before concluding on June 27, 2020 in Detroit, MI., the band’s home state. Along the way, POP EVIL will make a highlighted appearance at Sonic Temple Festival in Columbus, OH, on May 17, 2020.
“We are so ready to get back on tour to see all our diehard fans across North America,” says vocalist Leigh Kakaty. “We’re also very excited to debut and play some new material! The Versatile Tour will showcase some young up-and-coming rock bands; it will be one helluva rock show.”
The artist Pre-Sale/VIP starts today at noon local time and will run through Thursday, March 5, 2020, at 10 PM local time. Fans can use the code “WORK2020” when purchasing tickets at popevil.com.
The Citi/Live Nation pre-sale will run from Wednesday, March 4, 2020, at 10 AM local through Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 10 PM local time. The Blabbermouth pre-sale will run from Wednesday, March 4, 2020, at 10 AM local through Thursday, March 5, 2020, at 10 PM local time. General on-sale will be this Friday, March 6, 2020, at 10 AM local.
POP EVIL TOUR DATES
- MAY 08, TORONTO, ON @ VELVET UNDERGROUND
- MAY 09, OTTAWA, ON @ BRONSON CENTRE
- MAY 10, KINGSTON, ON @ ALE HOUSE
- MAY 12, QUEBEC CITY, QC @ L’ANTI BAR & SPECTACLES
- MAY 14, PORTLAND, ME @ AURA
- MAY 15, BALTIMORE, MD @ SOUND STAGE
- MAY 16, ATLANTIC CITY, NJ @ ANCHOR ROCK CLUB
- MAY 17, COLUMBUS, OH @ SONIC TEMPLE
- MAY 19, ASHEVILLE, NC @ THE ORANGE PEEL
- MAY 20, ATLANTA, GA @ BUCKHEAD THEATER
- MAY 22, CHARLOTTE, NC @ THE UNDERGROUND
- MAY 23, ORLANDO, FL @ HOUSE OF BLUES
- MAY 24, TAMPA, FL @ THE ORPHEUM
- MAY 27, NASHVILLE, TN @ BROOKLYN BOWL
- MAY 28, NEW ORLEANS, LA @ HOUSE OF BLUES
- MAY 29, HOUSTON, TX @ WAREHOUSE LIVE (BIG ROOM)
- MAY 30, DALLAS, TX @ GAS MONKEY LIVE!
- JUN 01, GRAND JUNCTION, CO @ MESA THEATER
- JUN 02, SALT LAKE CITY, UT @ THE DEPOT
- JUN 03, BOISE, ID @ KNITTING FACTORY CONCERT HOUSE
- JUN 04, SEATTLE, WA @ THE SHOWBOX
- JUN 06, SPOKANE, WA @ KNITTING FACTORY CONCERT HOUSE
- JUN 07, KAMLOOPS, BC @ CACTUS JACK’S NIGHTCLUB
- JUN 09, CALGARY, AB @ THE GATEWAY
- JUN 10, GRAND PRARIE, AB @ BETTER THAN FRED’S
- JUN 12, REGINA, SK @ THE EXCHANGE
- JUN 13, MINOT, ND @ THE ORIGINAL
- JUN 15, DES MOINES, IA @ WOOLY’S
- JUN 17, DENVER, CO @ SUMMIT THEATER
- JUN 18, KANSAS CITY, MO @ THE TRUMAN
- JUN 19, EVANSVILLE, IN @ KC’S MARINA POINT
- JUN 20, MADISON, WI @ THE SYLVEE
- JUN 21, MINNEAPOLIS, MN @ VARSITY THEATER
- JUN 24, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK @ DIAMOND BALLROOM
- JUN 25, LINCOLN, NE @ BOURBON THEATER
- JUN 26, CHICAGO, IL @ BOTTOM LOUNGE
- JUN 27, DETROIT, MI @ ST ANDREW’S HALL
Support will come from Joyous Wolf, Brkn Love, JunkBunny, Like Machines, and Stuck on Planet Earth on select dates. The new tour dates will be the first return to the road for the band, who wrapped up a few dates closing out 2019 and starting 2020 on a short headline run.
Kakaty and co have been hard at work in Los Angeles this winter, putting the finishing touches on the yet to be titled new L.P. due later this year. The band has teamed up with a team of producers and are eager to release new music. The latest effort will be the anticipated follow up to their S/T album that came out in 2018 to some high critical praise.
S/T featured standout tracks like “Waking Lions,” & “Be Legendary” which both landed on the U.S. Billboard Mainstream Rock Song Of The Year Charts for 2018 & 2019.
Kakaty continues, “We have been grinding away, narrowing down 30 written songs to the top picks… We are in the final stretch of making music. We have a few completely finished! We have been working with multiple producers that fit each song’s dynamic, and we can’t wait to unleash these new songs to the world.”