Punk-rock trio Radkey have teamed up with Heavy Consequence today for the exclusive premiere of their new song “Spiders“. Listen to the track HERE.
“‘Spiders’ is a song about a character in the anime ‘Hunter X Hunter’ who’s on a quest for revenge on the group that killed his family,” states Isaiah Radkey on the inspiration behind the track. “We’re pretty big into anime and stuff like that so whenever we see one that we really love, we feel a strong need to write a song about it.”
The band will be kicking off their European tour tomorrow starting in London and will wrap the tour on February 6th in Stockholm. The dates will include a mixture of support slots with WIZO as well as a handful of headline shows. Radkey spent a majority of 2018 touring with artists such as Jack White, The Damned, Descecndants, and more. For more information on tour dates or to purchase tickets, visit Radkey’s website here.
“Spiders” follows a string of releases the band has put out in 2018 such as “Rock And Roll Homeschool“, “St. Elwood“, “Basement“, and most recently the release track “Junes“. Radkey partnered with MasterCard in January this past year for its #StartSomethingPriceless campaign featuring SZA. The campaign included a docuseries that premiered on The Ellen DeGeneres Show while commercials aired during the 60th Annual GRAMMY Awards televised broadcast. Radkey joined five other artists on a cover of Bo Diddley‘s “Can’t Judge a Book by the Cover,” the theme song for the campaign. Stream the “Can’t Judge a Book by the Cover” remix here.
As pre-teens growing up in small-town Saint Joseph, Mo., brothers Darrion “Dee,” Isaiah and Soloman Radke enrolled in rock ‘n’ roll high school as their ticket out of Nowheresville. The brothers played their first show opening for Fishbone in 2011 and haven’t looked back since. In 2013, the Cat & Mouse and Devil Fruit EPs took Radkey from sweaty backroom punk gigs to storming the UK’s Download Festival and Riotfest in the U.S.
In 2015, Radkey enlisted Arctic Monkeys producer/mixer Ross Orton to producer their debut record, Delicious Rock Noise. The result was an across-the-board detonation of several shades of rock, punk and wild abandon – and riffs, riffs, riffs. Having kicked off 2018 with new music, Radkey’s sound has continued to expand and mature, reflected in the sleek guitar and growing bass on their new tracks “Not Smart,” “Basement” and “St. Elwood.” It’s a testament to the future of music, and the band is primed for rock and roll glory.
RADKEY TOUR DATES w/WIZO
- 1/11 – London, United Kingdom – Dingwalls^
- 1/12 – Manchester, United Kingdom – Night People^
- 1/13 – Cardiff, United Kingdom – The Globe^
- 1/15 – Dusseldorf, Germany – zakk – Zentrum fur Aktion
- 1/16 – Koln, Germany – Live Music Hall
- 1/19 – Rotterdam, Netherlands – Rotown^
- 1/21 – Amsterdam, Netherlands – Paradiso Kleine Zaal^
- 1/22 – Hannover-nordstadt, Germany – Faust
- 1/23 – Hamburg, Germany – Grosse Freiheit 36
- 1/24 – Berlin, Germany – Astra Kulturhaus
- 1/25 – Leipzig, Germany – Werk2
- 1/26 – Dresden, Germany – Kraftwerk Mittle Dresden
- 1/29 – Wolfsburg, Germany – Hallenbad
- 1/30 – Osnabruck, Germany – Rosenhof GmbH
- 1/31 – Bremen, Germany – Schlachthof
- 2/1 – Rostock, Germany – MAUClub
- 2/2 – Kiel, Germany – Max
- 2/4 – Kobenhavn V, Denmark^
- 2/6 – Stockholm, Sweden – Nalen-Klubb^